Rosemary Hill’s distinctive attention to detail provide a stylish event in farm-style surroundings. A wedding here presents a very unique blend of rustic, combined with elegance – tailored to reflect the bride and groom’s personal style, be it rustic earthy or chic.
Each wedding is customised by our very talented and artistic wedding coordinators, supported by a very experienced staff compliment who are dedicated to turn a bride’s dream into reality.
What sets us apart from many other wedding venues is that the bridal couple has access to the venue 2 entire days prior to the wedding to finalise their décor – providing enough time to ensure everything is perfect! We only host one wedding per weekend, and at the most, two per week, thereby ensuring that every bit of our effort goes into making your day cherished.
Ranked no 3 in the Top 10 Pretoria Wedding venues, Rosemary Hill is a firm favourite with some of the best photographers (Mighty Fine, Lightburst, Black Frame, Ginger Ale, Sagely Photography, Laura Leigh, Marinda May, Lad & Lass) because of the unique photo and video opportunities that the farm provide. The old ruins, lavender and rosemary fields, tree-lined lanes, dams, bridges and our Nguni cows form beautiful natural backdrops to your photographs.
The finest farm-style dinner, consisting of a menu chosen by the couple, is prepared in our famous kitchens and served on time by our staff. Bridal couples are invited to food tasting evenings well in advance of their big day to ensure that each dish served is to their taste and satisfaction.
The beautiful bridal suite is situated away from our guesthouse, where another 18 of your guests can be accommodated.
Venues available for your wedding:
* The ceremony can be held in the Pavilion at the centre of the beautiful maze (a formal garden with over 1km of pathways and over 3000 fragrant herbs, beautiful roses, shrubs and trees where guests can take a stroll before the ceremony). This is the only one of its kind in South Africa.
* During the cooler months, your ceremony can be conducted in the Green House amongst our plants – a unique experience indeed! (a plant nursery made from green shade cloth)
For the reception, we offer several choices:
* Our authentic wooden barn that was originally built as a storeroom over thirty years ago. It can seat up to 130 guests and has 8 shutters that open up on the sides, providing a cooling breeze in the heat of the summer nights, giving the experience of fresh air throughout the night, and with a view of the bonfire. The room allows for flexible layout to weddings of all styles.
* If you have more than 130 wedding guests, the Packhouse is available and can seat up to 300 guests. The Packhouse was originally used for packing our organic veggies grown on the farm for distribution to various outlets.
- INCLUDED IN THE COST:
Before your wedding:
• One of our very experienced in-house event coordinators will advise and assist with the very confusing and stressful planning part of your wedding
• Use of the available rustic décor from Rosemary Hill • Mock table at least 2 months before the wedding to finalise all the details • 1 x Food tasting on the first Saturday evening of every month ensuring that our couples taste a meal served at one of our weddings, booking essential. Dates tbc.
• Basic set-up and cleaning of Venue
• Venue available for decor setup 2 days before the wedding from 08:00 to 16:00
Day of the wedding:
• Our beautiful bridal suite available for your convenience from 07h00 on the morning of the wedding
• Security and parking attendants
• Before the ceremony, glasses of water and homemade lemonade from beautiful glass bottles served to guests upon arrival
• Chapel hire, podium, kneeling cushions, registry table, chairs for musicians, table and chair for sound engineer
• Homemade confetti in antique suitcases (dried and seasonal fresh flowers / herbs from the farm)
• Post-ceremony drinks, rustic canapés and lawn games
• Kombi and driver for duration of photo shoot on our farm land, in the forest and in the ruins
• Picnic basket with snacks & drinks to take on your photo shoot
• Barmen (1 per every 50 guests) and waiters (1 per every 20 guests)
• Standard cutlery and crockery
• Standard glasses (Champagne, 300ml red wine, 250ml white wine)
• 10-Seater round tables, 12-Seater rectangular tables or 10-Seater square tables
• Our custom made white wooden chairs
• Tablecloths and napkins (white or cream)
• Wedding cake table, set with cake knife & lifter * Table and chair for DJ
• Fairy lights, benches, cocktail tables and 30 x hay bales
• Blackboard for menu
• Buffet dinner as per your menu selection
• Bonfire, with hay bales around the fire, umbrellas, benches and cocktail tables
• 1 Night’s stay in our Bridal Suite
After the wedding:
• Complimentary breakfast (private or with your guests)
• Venue available for removal of your décor and other items
Available Saturday wedding dates for 2016:
Available week day wedding dates for 2016:
8, 15, 22 July
Have a look at Marijke & Emile’s wedding filmed by Mighty Fine Productions www.mightyfine.co.za.
* Not available for weddingsNot available for weddings
* Boere Meisie MarkBoere Meisie Mark
Time: 9:00 am
* Dark & Dodgy in the East #3Dark & Dodgy in the East #3
Time: 6:00 pm
* Zandra & Gabré WeddingZandra & Gabré Wedding
Time: 4:00 pm
* Christine & Donovan WeddingChristine & Donovan Wedding
Time: 3:00 pm
* Like2Bike Kids RaceLike2Bike Kids Race
* Martinette & Stefan WeddingMartinette & Stefan Wedding
Time: 4:30 pm
* Annika & Leroy WeddingAnnika & Leroy Wedding
Time: 3:00 pm
Please note: We are a working farm which means equipment, tractors, bakkies, and people are going about their daily work, please take care and ensure that your children are supervised at all times